Friday, September 25, 2015

The Interview

What I got out of Plato  (At least, what I ended up thinking about it afterward)

[regular text is the part of Socrates - in my words]

hi.
hello.
can I help you?
possibly.
would you like help?
if you can help me.
if you tell me what it is I can help you.
but if you don't know what it is, can you help me?
no.
then if you don't know, you can’t help me.
correct.
therefore if I don't tell you what it is, you can't help me.
precisely.
but if I want help I have to tell you what it is.
yes.
what if I don't want help?
everyone needs some help.
what if I don't?
then you are a fool - everyone needs help.
but I'm trying to tell you that I don't need help.
where is this conversation going?
I'm explaining to you a fundamental principle.
what point are you trying to make?
that your ideas are quite odd.  not everyone needs help.
but that is the point I'm trying to bring across - that everyone needs help.
and I am trying to refute that point.
I don't understand you.
neither I, you.
repeat your point.
are you Siri?
possibly.
you talk in circles.
are you comparing me to someone?
maybe.
you do not understand me and I do not understand you.
shall we go our separate ways?
that would be to our benefit.
then I say goodbye.
farewell stranger.


the cereal must come too.
put it in a bag.
oookaaaaay.

-bookhouse4

No comments:

Post a Comment