Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Autobiography of Myself as a Reader

http://prezi.com/qos9zihui38v/living-an-imaginary-life/#

I have realized that I am very specific about the kinds of books that I do or don't like, and that I prefer to choose my own books rather than have someone choose for me.  My mom taught me to read before Kindergarten, which helped immensely towards getting me into Quest and into other advanced classes at my two elementary schools.  It also feels as if I have become a stronger reader, able to tell from the first few sentences or chapters if a book is right for me; sometimes I can tell just from the cover what books I would like (yes, I know.  "Don't judge a book by its cover" but sometimes you can judge a book by its cover, and that is why it is important that when you are publishing your book, if you want your audience to want to read it, get a good cover!).  I'm rambling on, so back to the topic at hand.  ANYWAY, I was saying that my love of reading has helped me to hold things in my head better and do better overall in school.

I also believe that people fall "out of love" with reading because they are always FORCED to read things, for projects, and that makes them hate books, because books are adding to the homework pileup every night, and why should they read a book they don't want to read?  That is not the case for me, but I am feeling the pull of not wanting to read, or boredom with books because I have nothing to read.  Now, what I'm feeling about books and my boredom with them is probably nothing like what other people are feeling when they start to lose interest in books, but I'm just saying.  So that's my story.  What's yours?

-bookhouse4

No comments:

Post a Comment